History of Morioka Daiichi
1880 The school was officially opened as "Public Iwate Middle School".
1908 An official school song was selected and performed.
1917 The school moved from Uchimaru, to a new location in Ueda.
1948 The official name was changed to "Iwate Prefectural Morioka Daiichi High School" in accordance with the National Educational System.
1962 The construction of the third school building was completed.
1969 The Science and Mathematics course was set up and established.
1980 100th anniversary - in celebration of this momentous occasion, the international exchange program was launched.
1990 110th anniversary.
2000 120th anniversary - in addition, construction of the new building was completed in entirety.
2010 130th anniversary.
2012 The number of OBs and OGs surpassed 30,000.
2015 The school was appointed as a SGH, Super Global High School by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.